Like most blogs, this one displays the most recent posts first. For anyone reading it after the fact (rather than following along while we traveled), such a reverse-chronological order may make it more difficult to see the big picture.
Here, then, is a table of contents of our trip in chronological order.
- Traveling to The World’s End – Arrival
- Walking the Royal Mile (and 6 more) – Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile
- Edinburgh, Day 2 – National Museum of Scotland and other sights
- A Stirling Day – Day trip to Stirling Castle
- “Your Mother Was a Hamster” – Many sights on the way to Nairn
- On the Hunt for Nessie – Loch Ness and Urquhart Castle
- History and Whisky – Culloden Battlefield and the Malt Whisky Trail
- O’er the Sea to Skye – The Fairy Pools and arrival in Portree
- Skye’s the Limit – Trotternish Peninsula: Fairy Glen, the Quiraing and more
- Island Travel Day – Single-track roads and ferries to Mull
- Puffin Rock – Excursion to the islands of Lunga and Staffa
- A Castle Fit for a Family – Spending a night in Glengorm Castle
- Winding Down – Driving to Glasgow
- One Day in Glasgow – Exploring Glasgow on the final day of our trip